Monday, May 20, 2013

Making An Altar

This is something I haven't done because of the fact that I don't have any money to buy stuff for this, my parents/family members can't find it, and it doesn't seem like I have space for this stuff. Okay, that's kind of a white lie, but there seriously isn't any place I can put my own alter because I share a bedroom & bunk bed with my seventeen year old sister who hates the fact that I am Pagan. And my bedroom is basically my step-mom's computer/cat room. Yes, it smells of bad cat litter, but I'm used to it right now. So, I started looking for easy and crafty ways for us Teen Witches and other Pagans could make some pretty cool alters.

I won't post the entire article, but it's called Be A Crafty Teen Witch by Gwinevere Rain  and she wrote about how most Teen Witches have a budget, which is REALLY true, so the best time, she advises, to get stuff is the after Halloween sales. There are a lot of stores that have some pretty good Halloween clearence sections that can be used for alters, but we also have to get CREATIVE. That probably means going to yard sales around town and finding items (snow globes, china dolls, glass figures, flowers, etc) that we like, define us or what we believe to be the Goddess and God. Also, we can just go around and find plants and natural things that we can use. 

Here is a video that gives examples of different alter ideas and what you should do with/for your alter.



And this video is like any teenager witch that will help you to understand why and what to put on your alter. Some of the things on here may not matter to Pagans, but if you want you can include whatever you want because this is YOUR ALTER.



And here is a picture so that you can get a better look to how to set up your alter. Like I said, I haven't set one up yet, but hopefully, soon, I can and I'll be able to take pictures for you guys! Well, good luck, and start thinking about what you want to put on your alters. In the next couple of posts, I will explain to you the esbats and moon phases and then I will explain about how to find your own Goddess and God. It's more of a Wiccan thing, just so you know, but since there are many cultures that have many Gods, you have a lot of chances of getting picked. I've heard that you get picked and that you get to pick or someone picks for you, but that's for later. Alright, well good luck and have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment