Sunday, May 19, 2013

Book of Shadows- To Do And To Make




Let's take a small and quick break here. I'm going to help all of you create your own Book of Shadows. Mainly, the Book of Shadows comes from the Wiccan religion, but I think that it's best to use it for whatever any of you want, because it will be the book where you store all your knowledge about spells, rituals, holidays, how to use things, etc. And a Book of Shadows is used for your personal self and you can pass it on to your children and their children, to follow the generations. My Book of Shadows I started about three years ago, and I haven't really added on because I wasn't really sure about joining my religion. Now that I am, I am not only going to add on to it, but I'll make it pretty amazing. In my book of shadows, I have a number of different spells I can use for any occasion, such as healing spells, beauty, luck, protection, etc. I need to really get all the information modernized because most of it isn't up to date, but I plan to make it really stand out.

For your book of shadows, you can either write in a blank book or you can type it. I usually type it because I can type faster, but I like to write, so I may do both! But you can do whichever you prefer. I'm going to post a video to help all of you to help give a general idea of what your Book of Shadows some thickness. If you don't want a Book of Shadows because you are afraid that your parents will find it or something, that is perfectly fine. There is actually a way to "code" it, if you know what I mean. But here is the video, and after that you can check out how I code things. There will be a video about an idea of things that you should put in  your Book of Shadows and there will be one for some idea of ways for you to make your Book of Shadows full of life and more interesting.

When you look at these two videos below, think about the different ways she personalized her Book of Shadows; how she made it fit to what she likes, how she made it more interesting, how she took into consideration of matching colors to their spells. If you have ever seen the Spiderwick Chronicles, think about Arthur Spiderwick's book that tells about the Fae creatures and how he made included flowers Faeries might have liked or some plant samples. Go outside the box if you want to!!!


In this next video, take account of how Flora has set up her Book of Shadows and all the things she has included to her Book of Shadows.


Now, if any of you are interested in "coding" your Book of Shadows, please continue down to below, the rest of you, enjoy setting up your book of shadows and good luck! Because I know I have some future ideas for my Book of Shadows.


Coding Your Book Of Shadows.
The form of code that I use is simple for me, because the day I learned it I used it OVER AND OVER because I was just so excited about it, and I will show it to you today. Just to warn you, it's a little like math. It's something new, like algebra, that you are learning and when you keep practicing and practicing over and over again you aren't sure about getting it until BAM!!! it clicks!

With this exercise, you will need a piece of paper (doesn't matter what kind) and something to write with. Now, on your piece of paper, make two rows of twenty-six columns. On the bottom row, write the letters of the alphabets in order. When you are finished with that, stop. Now, you will have to think of a word. For now, just a simple one. Like TOE. So write TOE in the first three columns at the top. What you do now, is continue writing the alphabet after the E. If you look at the example below, yours should be correct as well. (When you continue the alphabet order, the next letter you get to is O, skip it and move on to P and the same goes for T; skip it and go to U).


Now, let's try something a bit more challenging. Let's use the word MAYBE. Do the exact same format as you did before, then write MAYBE at the top and continue off of that. If you get the concept, your table should look like below:


If you got that, then great! I'll explain to you the next process. The next step is words with two of the same letters in them, like APPLE. Since we have to stick to the twenty-six letter rule, we won't put APPLE at the top row, but we'll put APLE at the top. Since there is a double letter, we have to take out the one that appears second. So go off like you originally would while using APLE. It should look like this:


 If you got that, awesome! Now let's try the word PURPLE. What we'll do, since the letters aren't next to each other, we'll still take out the second letter and it will look like PURLE. Use the same process and it should look like this:


If you want to look at a better way to example it, here is a picture:


And that is how to use my way of coding. If there are other ways you would like to use, instead of using letter against letter, you can use symbols, numbers. colors, anything! The sky is the limit!


So, good luck everyone! If you would like, please post some other ideas that you have or some pictures of your own Book of Shadows. When I get mine together and actually have some money, I'll show all you guys! Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment