Friday, August 23, 2013

Drawing the Wiccan Pentacle/Pentagram




Hi everyone! Sorry it's been about a week, I've been all caught up on school and all, but I wanted to give you a brief tutorial on drawing the Pentacle. (As shown in the title, you can also refer to the Pentagram, but I prefer Pentacle, because the circle that is drawn around it makes it more safer, at least to me).



Basically, what the Pentacle has been used for is to represent the five elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. The history of the Pentacle has been used for hundreds of years, especially before Christ. It has also been seen in many of the Christian churches to represent the five wounds of Christ. (Just to give all of you some art history). So, the whole point of this post is to tell you the different ways to draw a Pentacle, and depending on what you use the Pentacle for.



There are two different meanings to drawing a "star". When drawing a Pentacle, you draw a star inside a circle. When you draw a Pentagram, it's just a star. Now that we know the difference between a Pentacle and Pentagram, I'll explain to you the two different ways to draw a Pentacle.




The first way to draw a Pentacle is the most basic way we all know how to draw a star! This way is called a Banishing Pentacle. When drawn for anything or on anything you mean to banish something. When you decide you want to use a Banishing Spell, you have to remember to use the spell during the Waning moon, or when the moon is about to become a New Moon. (Like right now.)




The next way to draw a Pentacle is not as easy as the Banishing Pentacle (I still have a hard time remembering!). This type of Pentacle is called the Invoking Pentacle. You would usually use this type of Pentacle when the moon is Waxing, or becoming a Full Moon. When you use the Invoking Pentacle you are taking the energy around you and either putting it within yourself, or using that energy to use a spell.



Since I now know the difference as to how to draw a Pentacle, I think I'm going to be keeping in mind the type of Pentacle I'll be drawing, especially on my school work. Sorry this is so short, but I'm heading out to Rock Jam! Have a great week everyone! Blessed be.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The invoking pentacle. You don't have to be very obvious when you draw it, you could draw it on your paper, and here's a little spell the help:
      "On this test today, I will receive no less than A, Earth Wind Fire Sea as I will it so mote it be."

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to inform you that I have added a reference link to this webpage on my website and wanted to know if that is ok. http://wicca.info.gf/tools.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. to draw a perfect pentacle, draw desired 360 degree circle then take 360 and divide by 5 , you will get five 72 degree points, so make these 72 points all to 360. take ruler and connect the points evenly , it helps to make a dot in center of 360 circle to keep ruler straight in connecting points. 0, 72, 144, 288 , 360 . use protractor to figure out these degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is truly accurate!!! Thank you so much, I wish I had this information when I drew my pentacle, then it wouldn't have looked so messed up, lol. :)

      Delete
    2. Your math is horrible. Divide 5 into 360 and you get 70. The points would be 0, 70, 140, 210, and 280.

      Delete
    3. 5 times 7 is 35, so 5 times 70 is 350 not 360, actually they were right, check your own math before insulting some one elses

      Delete
    4. ‘Anonymous’ lol you’re the one with the bad math
      72 is right

      Delete